Information about the site we need to take into account
Before we start drawing up a new scheme we complete an assessment of the site and the surrounding area, which we need to take into account in our design.
At the first consultation we advised that we were in the process of identifying the opportunities and constraints of the Wrexham Road site. This work is shown below.
At the first consultation we set out our vision for the development of the site.
- Access to public open space
- A new primary school
- A new health centre
- Local amenities - convenience stores, public house
- Retention and improved setting of the Scheduled Ancient Monument (SAM)
- Retention of hedgerows and trees where possible
- A mix of two, three, four and five bedroom houses and one and two bedroom apartments
- A combination of two, two-and-a-half and three storey housing and apartments
- Improved ecology habitats to enhance the biodiversity of the area
- Provision of extensive cycleway/footways
- A mix of affordable housing
- A travel plan - local junction improvements and sustainable travel initiatives
What you've said so far
We would like to thank everyone who took the time to provide feedback. During the first consultation, you told us a great deal about the Wrexham Road site, what the area needs and what you would like to see delivered as part of this development.
Actions we have taken
- Layout designed to protect the amenity of existing residents
- A local centre incorporating shops, a public house and provision for a health centre
- Prepared a Draft Travel Plan to encourage and facilitate sustainable forms of travel
- Discussions with Cheshire West and Chester Highways on site access proposals
- Provision for a new primary school
- High quality landscaping - additional tree planting and buffer to rural edge
- Provision of affordable housing to meet local needs
- A drainage solution to ensure that flooding does not occur
- Delivery of public open space throughout the development
- Highways - engagement with Cheshire West, Highways England, bus operators and other stakeholders